Chicco Nextfit – Editors Choice for Best Car Seat
The Chicco NextFit Convertible Car seat is a great child car seat that any parent should consider purchasing. It has a ReclineSure 9 Position leveling system that offers great reclining capabilities especially for parents on long journeys. Moreover it offers a system for determining the right angle for installation of the seat for greater comfort of your baby.
For parents seeking a secure and tight fit for the child it offers the SuperCinch Latch tightener that will ensure you get peace of mind that your baby is secure in their seat. Additionally, the one pull harness tightener enhances the secure and quick installation.
This is one of the seats that is ideal for long term use since it has a height adjustable headrest that has six heights meaning it could be used up to adolescence. It beats the Britax convertible car seat in having a cup holder that can be affixed to either side. Released by Chicco in 2014, the car seat is available for purchase on Amazon.com.
Features of the Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat
- With 9 recline positions, the ReclineSure 9 position Leveling System offers the largest options for recline.
- A tight and secure fit through the SuperCinch LATCH Tightener that employs force multiplying technology and is the only of its kind in the convertible car seat market.
- The correct angle for strapping on your child is indicated in both the forward and rear facing modes through the proprietary Two RideRight bubble level system.
- The seat has an Integrated slide path that eases the installation of the car seat from forward facing to the rear facing modes respectively.
- An auto-widening harness with a 6-position headrest makes the seat ideal for growing children which means a booster seat may not be needed as soon as with other seats.
- The proprietary ReclineSure 9-position Leveling System ensures that you can fit the seat in many different vehicles including small ones.
The ease of installation of this car seat is one of its best attributes that makes it stand out from the rest. Installation is easy and parents will enjoy strapping their children onto this seat regardless of the child’s age or height. The 9 recline positions coupled with the Rideright bubble system of determining appropriate car seat angle ensures that the child is always strapped in a manner that offers the greatest comfort.
- The durability of this car seat is unquestionable given that it is manufactured to last for most of the child’s childhood unlike other car seats.
- Assembly of the car seat is easy as it makes use of the SuperCinch LATCH Tightener which makes use of force employing technology thus making strapping your child a matter of pull and click.
- Instead of purchasing booster seats when the infant gets older the Next fit Chicco Mystique may be used from infancy up to adolescence.
- An integrated slide path makes it easy to change from rear to forward facing mode when another kid needs to ride the seat.
- Though pricier it offers greater value for all the features it offers as compared to similarly priced models.
- It does not take up as much space as compared to other convertible car seat models and hence is suitable for most vehicles.
- It has a clean and sophisticated look and is also easy to clean whenever necessary.
- It comes with the chicco car seat manual for easy reference.
The most common complaint about the Chicco NextFit is that the strap are twisty and do not have Velcro. Some users have also complained that they had issues with the seat seeming to be too constrictive especially for newborn infants. The installation process especially in the rear facing position is also a bit complex as compared to say the Britax. However, users assert that making use of the LATCH system instead of the recommended seat belts makes the process of installation easier.
I have to be upfront and assert that some of the shortcomings of the Chicco NextFit cannot be dealt with by the parent at home. Nevertheless, while some reviewers have some complaints, most of the reviews about this car seat have been positive. While some reviewers have complained about installation being complicated, this can be eased by watching installation videos which offer detailed tutorials on the same. Issues with the carseat being constricting are also related to poor installation by parents.
The car seat offers the ultimate technology in the ReclineSure 9 position, the SuperCinch LATCH Tightener and the Two RideRight bubble level systems that offer the utmost in comfort and safety for your infant. I do believe this is one of the best baby car seats you could buy in 2016. It is also relatively low priced at $299.99 as compared to similar models that offer less quality. Its ease of installation, adjust-ability, durability and comfort it offers makes this one of the most highly rated convertible car seats you can buy. According to the NHTSA chicco nextfit safety ratings are among the best in the convertible car seat market.